Welcome to the student-run forum of an extremely innovative science program, Integrated Science at McMaster

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Conflict for Chemistry Concentration

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adam Pantaleo

PostSubject: Conflict for Chemistry Concentration   Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:45 pm

For all those doing a chemistry concentration:

In Term 2, the CHEM 2LB3 lab on Wednesdays (13:30 - 17:20) conflicts with the iSci lecture from 15:30 - 18:30. I emailed Sarah Robinson, and she responded saying she's aware of it now and will get back to me ASAP.

Also, only the two organic chem courses (CHEM 2OC3 and CHEM 2OD3) fit in our schedule. Analytical and inorganic don't fit.

Hopefully that helps everyone. Who else is doing a chem concentration anyways? =P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prateek Gupta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conflict for Chemistry Concentration   Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:05 pm

When I talked to Sarah, she mentioned that basically the only way the Chem concentration will work, is that you will simply be forced to miss the first 2 hours of the class on Wednesday.

Consequently, she mentioned that if there was ever a time that had to be shortened or cancelled in the iSci week schedule, the Wednesday Core Lecture in the afternoon will be that one.

Someone who is planning the Chem concentration and has talked to Sarah more extensively than I have about this matter should probably confirm this.

(And also Adam, I heard from Sarah that she knows of 2 people planning that concentration, so I think there is another)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://isci.forumotion.com
Adam Pantaleo

PostSubject: Re: Conflict for Chemistry Concentration   Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:16 pm

I've talked to Sarah, and what Prateek said has been confirmed officially by Carolyn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Judy Tsao

PostSubject: Re: Conflict for Chemistry Concentration   Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:32 am

I think I'm asking about this a bit too late, but doesn't SOLAR automatically refuse to let you register in courses that conflict each other? How do we enroll in iSci then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adam Pantaleo

PostSubject: Re: Conflict for Chemistry Concentration   Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:42 am

I asked Sarah Robinson this, and she said that SOLAR will indicate a conflict, but it will still let us register for both courses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Judy Tsao

PostSubject: Re: Conflict for Chemistry Concentration   Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:59 am

Okay thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conflict for Chemistry Concentration   

Back to top Go down

Conflict for Chemistry Concentration
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1