McMaster iSci
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the student-run forum of an extremely innovative science program, Integrated Science at McMaster

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SOLAR Sectioning

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam Pantaleo

SOLAR Sectioning Empty
PostSubject: SOLAR Sectioning   SOLAR Sectioning EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:14 am

This document is from the Registrar's website:
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca/registered/SOLAR%20201009%20entry%20schedule%20WebVersion.pdf

It lists these "important dates":
- Monday, July 12, 12:01am... Reopen for all Undergrad students for course changes
- Monday, August 2, 10:30pm... SOLAR closes for sectioning
- Monday, August 9, 12:01am... Timetable Release
- Wednesday, August 11, 8:30am... SOLAR reopens for those students previously registered and fees cleared by August 10...

Does anyone know what the difference is between the two "reopening" dates (July 12 and August 11)? I originally thought that when SOLAR closed on August 2, it would section us in labs and tutorials; then, we could modify those sections when it reopened on August 11. But now, from what I'm hearing, sectioning occurs this Monday, on July 12...?

If anyone could clarify this, that would be great!
Back to top Go down
Emily Taylor

SOLAR Sectioning Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLAR Sectioning   SOLAR Sectioning EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Hey Adam!

SOLAR reopens on monday July 12th at midnight (11:59pm July 11th) for you to select you labs and tutorials for your electives (not iSci because that will be done for you).
And from what I understand of the reopening on August 11th, I would think that on that day it stays open for those students who have already picked their courses so that you could try switching courses and such if you wanted to.

But the most important thing is that it opens on July 12 for you to select your labs and tutorials so make sure you get on then so you can get the ones that you want to be in! Smile
Back to top Go down
Adam Pantaleo

SOLAR Sectioning Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLAR Sectioning   SOLAR Sectioning EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:31 pm

Thanks Emily!
Back to top Go down
Scot Brown

Scot Brown

SOLAR Sectioning Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLAR Sectioning   SOLAR Sectioning EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:19 am

is anyone able to access the course selection section of solar? it says that it is closed for me... Sad
Back to top Go down
Myles

SOLAR Sectioning Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLAR Sectioning   SOLAR Sectioning EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:51 am

Apparently, no one has been able to get on.
Back to top Go down
Scot Brown

Scot Brown

SOLAR Sectioning Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLAR Sectioning   SOLAR Sectioning EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 1:18 am

okay, that makes me feel slightly better...
Back to top Go down
Michelle Zhu

Michelle Zhu

SOLAR Sectioning Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLAR Sectioning   SOLAR Sectioning EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:04 am

LOL I just got on solar as well after receiving sarah's email. I was soo confused when it said that it was closed XD
Back to top Go down
Adam Pantaleo

SOLAR Sectioning Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLAR Sectioning   SOLAR Sectioning EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:58 pm

SOLAR opens tomorrow, August 11, at 8:30am for all previously registered students with fees cleared! Don't forget to go section yourself!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SOLAR Sectioning Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLAR Sectioning   SOLAR Sectioning Empty

Back to top Go down

SOLAR Sectioning
Page 1 of 1