Welcome to the student-run forum of an extremely innovative science program, Integrated Science at McMaster

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Binders or Notebooks???!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rodrigo Narro

PostSubject: Binders or Notebooks???!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:37 pm

hey 2013's
i have one important question Razz
based on your experience would you recommend binders or notebooks for Isci1A24
any advice will be greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adam Pantaleo

PostSubject: Re: Binders or Notebooks???!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:52 pm

Personally, I prefer binders. That's how I took notes in high school, and I stuck with it for university. Last year, I took my notes on lined paper and kept them in a "Rough Notes" binder. Eventually, I'd re-write them: add stuff from the textbook, the PowerPoint slides, and any other sources, and then keep them in a binder for that subject. These would be my "Good Copy" notes that I'd exclusively use to study for tests and exams. I also did practice problems on lined paper, and added them to the subject binders. If I got any handouts, like the project packs, I hole-punched them and put them in a binder. I could also remove and re-arrange my notes if needed, something I wouldn't have been able to do if I used notebooks.

But that's just my method. I know that many of my classmates took notes in notebooks, or a mix of notebooks and binders. Or on their laptops. The possibilities are endless. =P

Ultimately, go with what works for you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicholas Pun

PostSubject: Re: Binders or Notebooks???!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:33 pm

i htink most ppl did notebooks. I went binder in the beginning, and hten switched to notebook near hte end of the year as we don't get nearly as many handouts as we did in highschool (everything is online and computerized).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Binders or Notebooks???!   

Back to top Go down

Binders or Notebooks???!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
McMaster iSci :: Incoming Students :: Questions/Concerns-
Jump to: