McMaster iSci
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the student-run forum of an extremely innovative science program, Integrated Science at McMaster

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Isci literacy course

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Adelle

Adelle

Isci literacy course Empty
PostSubject: Isci literacy course   Isci literacy course EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:36 pm

From reading earlier blogs, the literacy course for isci had a re-haul from the first to second cohort, what should the third cohort expect from this course?
Ps. is there a "science cluster" in residence which you can apply for?
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Pun

PostSubject: Re: Isci literacy course   Isci literacy course EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:32 pm

I dont think there is a science cluster in res that you can apply for unfortunately, although I can't be certain i'm sure there will be some changes to the science literacy in first year but probably not as drastic as they were before.
Back to top Go down
Prateek Gupta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Isci literacy course   Isci literacy course EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:42 am

Hi Adelle,

Thanks for posting!

Yes, the Scientific Literacy component has traditionally been a dynamic portion. Although this year, for both years the 'daily assignment' work for it has been creating blog posts, there are always deliverables on your main projects (ex. Cancer, Mars, Drug projects) that are marked as part of the Scientific Literacy component... these are things such as your style of writing in your report, the layout of your posters, your style of presentation, and your ability to cite and reference properly.

The iSci program always likes tinkering things and mixing things up, so there could be modifications made in your year, though the "Scientific Blog" process for assignment work appears to be staying for your year.

Also, there is no specific program-based residence in McMaster.
Back to top Go down
https://isci.forumotion.com
Adelle

Adelle

PostSubject: Re: Isci literacy course   Isci literacy course EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks! Just curious ... are the blog-assignments online to read??
And okay, any res recommendations?!
Back to top Go down
Prateek Gupta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Isci literacy course   Isci literacy course EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Hey Adelle,

I remember hearing in the past that the professors were thinking of posting some online. Otherwise, I'll try to get in contact with James, as I know he has been compiling the Synopsis Blogs. Some of them are extremely interesting!! Whenever I was bored, it was always great just to cruise through them.

Res recommendations: If you like the Suite-Style, Keyes was great! Everyone has their favourites though.
Back to top Go down
https://isci.forumotion.com
Adelle

Adelle

PostSubject: Re: Isci literacy course   Isci literacy course EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:13 pm

Ok thanks Prateek! Smile
Back to top Go down
James SeongJun Han
Admin
James SeongJun Han

PostSubject: Re: Isci literacy course   Isci literacy course EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Hey Adelle,

Yes, for both iSci 2014 and iSci 2015, we've written various articles/blogs. My colleagues and I are compiling them together some of the student's top choices. Currently I am still formatting, and it should be done soon enough. Once its done, we'll either have e-book, or publish a book with it. If you have some specific questions, I think I can answer it Very Happy

For Res recommendation, I personally liked Les Prince. It is usually quiet. Plus, us iScis literally took over the study room (at least on the first floor) Razz It has good view of Cootes Paradise as well. One negative aspect of LP is that it is farther than any other residences in McMaster. Yeah, Keyes is pretty good too, but costs a lot.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Adelle

Adelle

PostSubject: Re: Isci literacy course   Isci literacy course EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Thanks James! I'll look out for the articles when they come out, i am mostly just curious Smile
Back to top Go down
Emily Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Isci literacy course   Isci literacy course EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:59 pm

I was in Brandon Hall and I LOVED it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isci literacy course   Isci literacy course Empty

Back to top Go down

Isci literacy course
Page 1 of 1