McMaster iSci
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the student-run forum of an extremely innovative science program, Integrated Science at McMaster

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Level 2 programs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Josi

Josi

Level 2 programs Empty
PostSubject: Level 2 programs   Level 2 programs EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 8:22 pm

Is it possible to take a level 2 elective in first year? The ones I'm looking at only have "must be registered in level II" under prerequisites...
Back to top Go down
http://ifblueeyeshadowsillegal.blogspot.com
Rachel Charney

Level 2 programs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level 2 programs   Level 2 programs EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:22 pm

If being in level II is a prereq, then I would assume that you won't be allowed to register in the course without some sort of special permission. Email the department, explain why you want to take the course, and ask if it's possible.

Back to top Go down
Charles Yin

Level 2 programs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level 2 programs   Level 2 programs EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:31 am

If at all possible, try to determine who will be the course instructor and contact them directly. As I understand it, the decision on whether a prereq can be waived (usually) rests on the instructor.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Pun

Level 2 programs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level 2 programs   Level 2 programs EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:21 am

What charles said is normally the best course of action and what I did when I needed a course pre-req waived.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Level 2 programs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level 2 programs   Level 2 programs Empty

Back to top Go down

Level 2 programs
Page 1 of 1