McMaster iSci
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the student-run forum of an extremely innovative science program, Integrated Science at McMaster

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

iSci Promotional Movie!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Prateek Gupta
Admin

iSci Promotional Movie!! Empty
PostSubject: iSci Promotional Movie!!   iSci Promotional Movie!! EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Hey guys,

One of the MAJOR projects I've been working on is the establishment of promotional material.

I've been in contact with Nic Armstrong of the Faculty of Science, and we have dovetailing interests in the issue of promotion, where he would like to gain footage for McMaster Science, while we'd like to gain footage on behalf of showing the world what iSci has to offer.

So, we need good ideas for footage and a strong committed team (preferably with media/journalistic experience, but not necessarily) of 4-5 students who would like to get this ball rolling right away.

As of now, the main ideas are short interviews "silly/fast-paced question style" with profs and students, footage of our Thode area, and shots of us in action in the several labs next week.

One of the main purposes for this would be to get this footage displayed during the "Combining Two Cultures" conference to really allow Canada to gain a sense of what we're about.

Thanks, and ANY interest, correspond here. This is going to be a great step for iSci!!
Back to top Go down
https://isci.forumotion.com
Prateek Gupta
Admin

iSci Promotional Movie!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: iSci Promotional Movie!!   iSci Promotional Movie!! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:37 am

For those of you who saw Nic and his cameraman at the lab, the project is underway!!

Sorry I haven't been as vocal about it as I could be to all involved, and if any of you feel uncomfortable about being filmed please contact me or contact Nic to express your concerns.

He will be appearing periodically along this week and next to take footage of labs and ask for potential interviews (FEEL FREE TO REFUSE IF YOU ARE NOT OKAY!!!) Other than that, I would encourage all to represent iSci in the footage.

The exact purpose is for a weekly production that Nic organizes on behalf of the faculty of Science. In addition I would like to leech some of the footage to create our own iSci (student-made) film.

Anybody with technical experience with film editing, sound mixing, or simply creative talents would be great for this project!! Please contact me here or by email at iscisociety@gmail.com if you would like to be involved.
Back to top Go down
https://isci.forumotion.com

iSci Promotional Movie!!
Page 1 of 1