McMaster iSci
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the student-run forum of an extremely innovative science program, Integrated Science at McMaster

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

START Lab Session???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
James SeongJun Han
Admin
James SeongJun Han

START Lab Session??? Empty
PostSubject: START Lab Session???   START Lab Session??? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:40 pm

Guys, I was just wondering what this lab session is all about? is it about the course or university in general?
Back to top Go down
Fahim Naeem

PostSubject: Re: START Lab Session???   START Lab Session??? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:33 am

I believe it's about the process of course selection. From what I remember, there was a video tutorial available last year. I think if you go through the tutorial, you should be fine. The process is not very complicated. I attended the lab in person last year, partially because I wanted to meet my future classmates and partially to get another look at the campus. So if you don't have time to come to Mac, just watch the tutorial and do the course selection from home. Post your questions about this process and we'll be happy to help.
Back to top Go down
James SeongJun Han
Admin
James SeongJun Han

PostSubject: Re: START Lab Session???   START Lab Session??? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:17 am

alright thanks a lot Smile I was just wondering, because I am not going to be in Canada during the entire month of July.
Back to top Go down
Yohan Yee

Yohan Yee

PostSubject: Re: START Lab Session???   START Lab Session??? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:26 am

no biggie, all course selection stuff is online, and you don't have to come to the lab thingymajig. i didn't go last year since i was in london, and i was totally fine. now with this forum up and all, you shouldn't have any problems with the process.

that being said, if you're out of the country, it might actually benefit you depending where you are. when selecting electives, classes fill up fast. when the registration opens up at midnight, you may have to fight your way into the overloaded system as many people are trying to do the same thing as you are, hitting refresh constantly hoping to get past the message that says "too many people are on MUGSI, try again later" (it works). if that doesnt work, you could return at about 4 am canada time, when fewer people are likely to be on the system, and try choosing your electives then. if you're out of the country, then you won't have to stay awake until late 4 am waiting to get in
Back to top Go down
Lori V

Lori V

PostSubject: Re: START Lab Session???   START Lab Session??? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 5:37 pm

Where/when/what is this lab session? Should I be concerned that I haven't heard anything about this before?
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Pun

PostSubject: Re: START Lab Session???   START Lab Session??? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:41 pm

yeah being in vancouver i didn't think may@mac was worth the roundtrip flight lol, and I think i was pretty ok with my course selection. remember 80% of the courses (24/30 units) is predetermined already it's really not that hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: START Lab Session???   START Lab Session??? Empty

Back to top Go down

START Lab Session???
Page 1 of 1