McMaster iSci
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the student-run forum of an extremely innovative science program, Integrated Science at McMaster

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Money

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Nielsen

Alex Nielsen

Money Empty
PostSubject: Money   Money EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:29 am

So I was just wondering if anybody had some fundraising ideas for iSci? Since everybody is using the forum fairly regularly, I figured this would be the best place to ask as opposed to making a google doc or something. Also, it is convenient that there is a section titled "Financial Issues".

Anyway, the idea of fundraising, in my opinion, is just so that we could have enough money to organise events here and there, and generally have the capital to make any small purchases that would benefit iSci as a whole or that is desired by iSci (ex. plants for thinkspace? gifts for guest speakers/profs, etc).

One idea that I had, is that since Prateek is looking to organise games, maybe we could have like a poker (or other games) night where the players have a 1 time buy in and proceeds go to the house? If we did this at somebody's house, then we could invite non-isci's as well.

Bakesales can be very time consuming and tedious to organise, but if anybody was inclined to have one, that would be cool as well.

Ideally, not all the money would come from us, but that means we need to think of ways to get other people money, without stealing.

So if anybody has any ideas, throw them out there!
Back to top Go down
Julianne Bagg

Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money   Money EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:50 am

I know we talked about a bottle drive so that might work.
Back to top Go down

Money
Page 1 of 1