McMaster iSci
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the student-run forum of an extremely innovative science program, Integrated Science at McMaster

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions for Upper Years

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Prateek Gupta
Admin

Questions for Upper Years Empty
PostSubject: Questions for Upper Years   Questions for Upper Years EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:27 pm

Hey new iScis/those still deciding,

I know you all have lots of information available, (search here on the Forum, the website, the Facebook page, etc.)

But any lingering questions that you have before entering the program... or any question that will help you make your decision, whether it has to do with the iSci Program Structure, the iSci Student Community, the McMaster Community, or Student Life in general, ask away! We'll have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year prepared to answer!

So feel free to ask away!

Back to top Go down
https://isci.forumotion.com
KD

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Upper Years   Questions for Upper Years EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Hey
I looked at the electives list posted on the ISCI site that work with the schedule
What electives would you recommend taking in first year ?
Back to top Go down
KD

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Upper Years   Questions for Upper Years EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Also, do we have to "sign up" for labs and tutorials in ISCI 1A24 or are we placed accordingly with our electives ? I'm a little confused
Back to top Go down
Lori V

Lori V

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Upper Years   Questions for Upper Years EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Welcome to iSci!

As far as electives go, my suggestion would be to take something that you are interested in, that way you will want to go to class and do the work.

If you haven't already seen it, here is a list of electives that fit into the first year iSci schedule:

http://www.science.mcmaster.ca/isci/images/ELECTIVES.pdf

If you are interested in doing a math or physics concentration, you may want to take linear algebra (MATH 1B03), as it is required for those two concentrations.

If I remember correctly, you only sign up for ISCI 1A24, and your labs are chosen for you later based on your electives. There should only be one tutorial section, so that shouldn't matter for iSci, but might be something to think about for your electives.

I hope this was helpful!

Lori
Back to top Go down
KD

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Upper Years   Questions for Upper Years EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm just curious, are any of the upper years applying to medical/dental school ?
Back to top Go down
Prateek Gupta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Upper Years   Questions for Upper Years EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Hey,

I know there are a handful for medical school -- there is a large number that have just written the MCAT. I'm not aware of any from Dental school right now.
Back to top Go down
https://isci.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Upper Years   Questions for Upper Years Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions for Upper Years
Page 1 of 1